5 August 2022

Warner Bros are set to stick with their controversial star, Ezra Miller, as ‘The Flash’ gets the green light

Since 2020, Ezra has been arrested twice and accused of multiple instances of assault.

Warner Bros, at last, have broken their silence on the production of the controversial The Flash movie. Their lead actor Ezra Miller, who plays the titular hero, has been swamped with controversy for over two years, causing fans to question if the flick will ever see the light of day.

The project was finished years ago, but since then, Miller just hasn’t been able to keep them self out of the spotlight, and for all the wrong reasons too.

Until now, Warner had kept their lip tightly sealed on The Flash’s future; however, they have revealed their lead stars’ controversies won’t affect the $200m film release plans. 

Questions regarding the films release were raised once again this week following the shocking axing of Batgirl, causing fans to wonder whether the superhero flick would get the same treatment.

However, during the Warner Bros Discovery‘s Q2 earnings call on Thursday (4 August), Variety reports CEO David Zaslav revealed the studio was pushing forward with The Flash. While not mentioning Miller, Zaslav said of the movie, as well as other DC films, Black Adam and Shazam! 2: “We’ve seen them, we think they’re terrific, and we think we can make them even better.” Before adding that he’s “very excited about them”

In the past few months, Miller has been arrested twice and accused of multiple instances of assault. They’ve also been accused of brainwashing 18-year-old activist Gibson Iron Eyes and keeping them from their parents. Recently, another allegation surfaced after a courthouse issued a temporary harassment prevention order against Miller on behalf of a mother and her 12-year-old child. 

Even more shockingly, in June, it was reported that Miller had been hosting a 25-year-old woman and her children, aged one to five, since mid-April, in an unsafe environment. In a recent report by Rolling Stone, two sources with knowledge of the current situation expressed their concern for the safety of the children at Miller’s 96-acre property, claiming there were unattended guns lying around the house. One source recalled an incident where a one-year-old child allegedly put a stray bullet in her mouth.

April video footage, which has been reviewed by Rolling Stone, revealed at least eight assault weapons, rifles, and handguns laid around the living room, with some weapons leaning against a pile of stuffed animals.

“[Miller’s] home ranch has been a healing haven for us. They may have firearms for self-defense purposes, and they are stored in a part of the house that the children never go in,” said the mother residing on Miller’s ranch. “My kids are able to relax more into their healing because of the safety and nurturing Ezra has been providing for them.”

  • Writer Chris Saunders
  • Banner Image Credit Warner Bros

Related Content