A great opportunity for someone who is passionate about editorial and storytelling and who is looking for an exciting career move within the editorial world.
Located in Kentish Town, London, RANKIN is a fast-growing and thriving cultural community of creatives, directors, photographers, researchers, strategists, producers and editors. We create work that is bold, brave & beautiful.
Your day to day at RANKIN
- Lead and oversee all editorial projects at RANKIN, including HUNGER’s biannual print edition, daily website, client projects and contract publishing.
- Lead and manage the in-house editorial team to create print and digital material that is highly engaging, cultural and topical.
- Run a tight ship across a range of editorial projects, from pitch to publishing.
- Work directly with Rankin and the editorial team to generate story ideas, plan, assign, edit and write content when necessary.
- Drive the business effectively, profitably and manage the editorial department budget.
- Work closely with the creative agency, production and archive to maximise editorial opportunities within various projects.
- Provide strategic direction, inspiration and leadership to the wider team and champion creative thinking.
- Ensure an engaging and contemporary tone of voice across HUNGER and RANKIN’s marketing communications, press releases and social accounts.
- Work alongside the sales team to secure and grow branded content and partnerships.
*DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Essential skills, experience and personal attributes
- Impeccable organisational and multitasking skills as well as great time management and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and spontaneous briefs.
- Familiar with the demands of print and digital content management in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of creativity combined with previous experience working with a range of leading brands.
- Up to date and informed of movements and changes within the industry.
- Previous experience of running a budget and print production management.
- Experience with InDesign and CMS.
How to apply
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Your Name – Editorial Director’ in the subject field, attaching a CV, a brief cover letter and relevant writing samples.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are also open to applications outside of London, as our staff will be working remotely for the rest of 2020 and into the future.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note that due to the high level of applications unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.